This exceptional and unique property offers two beautiful, interconnected houses which are set in an elevated position with wonderful views over the river and the surrounding Charentaise countryside. The extensive grounds include terraces with views, garden areas, river frontage and a meadow. The total plot size is 6418m2 (1.58 acres).
Both houses are presented with gorgeous character features such as high ceilings, arched windows, curving wooden staircases, wooden floors and cast-iron radiators. Each has a separate oil-fired central heating system, plus the electrical installation to both houses has recently been upgraded. The property is ready to move into and offers revenue potential for those considering a gîte or chambre d’hôte business in an idyllic location. The flexible layout currently proposes up to 7 bedrooms, with potential to further enlarge the living accommodation in the basement and attic spaces.
The property is situated in the heart of a popular village and just a short distance from the lively riverside market towns of Ruffec (7km) and Civray (13km) where you will find all daily amenities, healthcare and leisure facilities. Attractions at walking distance from the property include a village school, a hairdressing salon, a yoga centre, a canoe base which opens during the summer months and a local bar with a bread/pastries collection point.
In more detail, the property comprises:
On the ground floor:
- Entrance hall- 9.36m2, accessed via the balcony, with curving wooden staircase, parquet floor, doors to the kitchen and the lounge of House 1 and a door connecting to the dining room of House 2.
- Kitchen- 17.66m2, dual aspect, with recently installed base and wall cabinets and equipped with integrated fridge-freezer, integrated electric oven with microwave oven/grill above, electric induction hob with extractor fan above, dishwasher, double sink, tiled splashback, island unit, parquet floor, spot lighting.
- Lounge/Dining room- 28.46m2, dual aspect with a wonderful view over the river, decorative fireplace, built-in cupboard, parquet floor.
On the First Floor:
- Landing- 5.47m2, with built-in storage/linen cupboard, parquet floor.
- Bedroom- 20.60m2, dual aspect with a lovely view over the river, decorative fireplace, built-in cupboard, parquet floor.
- Master bedroom - 18.80m2, dual aspect, with connecting door to House 2 and door to the en-suite shower room, decorative fireplace, parquet floor.
- En-suite Shower Room- 5.15m2, recently updated, with wide shower, washbasin in vanity unit, WC, de-misting mirror, part-tiled, part-parquet floor.
On the Second Floor:
- Landing- 4.83m2, with character beams, parquet floor.
- Bedroom- 13.94m2, with character beams, parquet floor.
- Shower room, with sink, shower, WC.
- Room/potential bedroom- 13.48m2, with door to large attic space.
- Large attic space- 54.25m2, with wooden floor.
- Entrance Hall: 13.85m2, with curving wooden staircase, double doors to dining room and to lounge, tiled floor.
- Rear Hall- 1.82m2, with tiled floor and leading to the WC, door to rear terrace.
- WC- 1.18m2, with handbasin, WC and tiled floor.
- Lounge- 25.92m2, dual aspect, built-in cupboard, decorative fireplace with painted scene, parquet floor.
- Kitchen- 14.04m2, with recently fitted base and wall cabinets and equipped with dishwasher, cooker with electric oven and gas hob, extractor fan, tiled floor. Door to rear terrace.
- Dining Room- 25.30m2, dual aspect, with decorative fireplace, built-in cupboards, parquet floor, door to kitchen.
On the First Floor:
- Landing- 8.81m2, with large window to the front aspect, parquet floor.
- Master Bedroom- 18.47m2, with window to the front aspect, connecting door to the master bedroom of House 1, parquet floor.
- En-suite Shower Room- 7.01m2, recently updated, wide walk-in shower with a magnificent view over the river, washbasin in vanity unit, WC, electric heated towel rail, spot lighting, parquet floor.
- Bedroom- 12.73m2, to front aspect, parquet floor.
- Corridor- 3.86m2, giving access to a further bedroom, parquet floor.
- Bedroom- 10.29m2, with window to the rear aspect, parquet floor.
- Shower Room- 3.26m2, recently updated, with shower, washbasin in vanity unit, WC, spot lighting.
At Basement/Garden Level:
- Hall- 9.71m2, with wooden staircase, washbasin, tiled floor.
- WC- 0.97m2, with WC, wall and floor tiling.
- Laundry Room- 16.36m2, dual aspect, with plumbing for washing machine, tiled floor, door to exterior.
- Room- 16.02m2, with French doors leading to exterior.
- Boiler Room 1- 5.31m2, with oil boiler serving House 1.
- Boiler Room 2- 13.54m2, with oil boiler serving House 2.
- WC- 2.08m2
- Room- 41.86m2, with separate oil tanks for each house, wooden garage style doors to the side aspect, concrete floor.
- Room- 26.17m2, with wooden floor and door to the side garden.
- Cellar- 16.85m2, with concrete floor, steps down to wine cellar.
- Wine cellar- 16.88m2, with earth/rock floor.
- Room- 24.89m2, with parquet floor.
To the Exterior:
- Gardens to 4 sides with an area of river frontage.
- 4 separate gated vehicular access points.
- Courtyard parking area to House 1, with access to the workshop.
- Balcony with views and offering access to House 1.
- Rear Terrace accessed via House 2, with glass screening and views over the rear garden and down to the river beyond.
- Garage situated in the garden to the front of House 2.
- Meadow area to the side.
The land is all attached and the total plot size is 6418m2 (1.58 acres approximately).